Student Edition   Industry Edition  
 
Woodland eyes the young and fashionable

Woodland , the leather shoes and garments brand, is on a mission to entice the young and the fashionable. Not only are they planning to introduce four different collections a year instead of the usual two, the collections will now include designer shoes for women and children.

Also on the cards is a change in logo, mega signature stores, expansion of its retail footprint and expanding into the international arena with outlets in Sri Lanka, Thailand, Singapore and the UAE. “We want to be recognised more as a lifestyle brand than just as a shoe brand,” Harkirat Singh, managing director, Aero group, which owns the brand, said.

The brand will continue to highlight the adventurous spirit and the vibrant outdoors but in a more stylish way, he said. Woodland plans to give a special focus to improve its products for women and children.

“Fashion is driving the market and this segment is growing at a fast pace,” Mr Singh said. And to keep up with that pace, Woodland will introduce four different collections this year. “Everytime a lady visits the store, there should be something new in there for her,” he said.

The Rs 200-crore company that diversified into apparels 5-6 years back plans to expand its apparel business by 20%. Out of the total Woodland pie, the apparel business has a 30% share now and its now plans to increase it to 50% by year end. “The garments business is growing and we want to cash in on the segment”, he said.

(www.agencyfaqs.com)

 
Trends | Archives | Current News

Amity Edumedia. All Rights Reserved.
Powered By AKC Data Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Private Policy | Disclaimer